Celebrate World Kindness Day on Nov 13th!
--by HelpOthers.org, posted Nov 11, 2010
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead
Join us in celebrating World Kindness Day on Saturday, November 13th by, you guessed it, doing something kind for someone else! :)
Want to do something kind, but just can't think of what to do? You're in luck! We've got loads of ideas on our site, where you can find one that moves you personally. We've also included some of our favorites here below, which are quick and easy for everyone to do this Saturday in the spirit of joining the global community to promote kindness.
- Give a friend your favorite inspirational book with a personal note attached.
- Pay for the person behind you in line.
- Plant a fruit tree where it will thrive.
- Leave flowers on the doorstep of someone you don't know and run!
- Write a thank you note to someone who inspired you.
- Go to the nearest park or public spce and clean up as much litter as you can.
- Create 5 cards with inspiring quotes or messages and leave them in a coffee shop or public place for someone to discover.
- Pay for a stranger's meal anonymously.
- Share an inspirational story from today's news.
- Write a song, poem or a note for a loved one and share it with them.
Share Your Story
The kindness stories you all have shared over the years have inspired so many others to perform acts of kindness. In the spirit of creating more ripples from your acts of kindness, please do take a moment to share a quick story about your experience and inspire others to do the same! If you have more kindness ideas you'd like to share, leave a comment on this story so that others can try them out!
"When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world." -- Harold Kushner