Celebrate World Kindness Week!
--by arathi, posted Nov 11, 2012
Dear HO family,
Please join us in celebrating World Kindness Week this year from Nov. 13 - Nov 20th! This year, for World Kindness Week, we are asking the Help Others community to join us in participating in our Kindness Challenge - doing one random act of kindness every day this week!
If you are looking around for ideas, you don't have to look too far! We have tons of kindness ideas on our site that might help. We are also including some of our favorite kindness ideas below for you to share with your friends in celebration of World Kindness Week! Enjoy the Kindness Challenge and thank you for helping to spread the ripples of kindness and inspiration to the farthest corners of the Universe.
1. Write notes of inspiration and kindness on small pieces of paper and stick them in random books in the library for someone to find.
2. Leave thank you cards and notes of encouragement in your neighbors' mailboxes
3. Offer to wash your friend's car, babysit their kids, or take their dog for a walk
4. Cook dinner for a friend or family and drop it off at their house
5. Hold the door open for your coworkers
6. Give a note of appreciation to your friends at school, coworkers, or your family
7. Leave flowers on the doorstep of someone you don't know and run!
8. Give a random person an inspirational book with a note in it
9. Anonymously pay for someone's meal at a restaurant
10. Go to the nearest park or public place and clear up as much trash as you can
Remember to Share your Story!
The kindness stories you all have shared over the years have inspired so many others to perform acts of kindness. In the spirit of creating more ripples from your acts of kindness, please do take a moment to share a quick story about your experience and inspire others to do the same! If you have more kindness ideas you'd like to share, leave a comment on this story so that others can try them out!
"Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see" -- Mark Twain
I really appreciate your work. Thanks to share the kindness ideas.