10 Simple Inspirational Ways of Thinking About Life
--by seasoul12, posted May 7, 2014
The poet William Blake once wrote that “If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is– infinite.” Our outlook determines our worldview – and when we choose to view and think about life positively, we discover possibilities we previously might have missed.
It only takes a small reminder to open our eyes to the wonder of each day on our planet – and with that thought in mind, here are ten simple reminders to live with happiness and peace during all seasons of life.
1. The best things in life aren’t things.
The best things are the people, the places, and the memories we encounter on our journey.
2. Our actions might be the only inspiration for someone today.
One small gesture of kindness can create a world of difference for another person.
3. A ship is safe in harbor… but that’s not what ships are built for.
We are meant to explore, fly free, and sail forward through life, storms and all.
4. Give, even when you receive nothing in return.
The spirit of compassion is what makes us human; amazing things happen when we stop asking “what’s in it for us?”
5. The expert in anything was once a beginner.
Our mistake is viewing life as a straight line, when it is really a circle we can begin at on any point.
6. We fall to learn how to pick ourselves up.
Mistakes are meant to guide us, not to hold us back.
7. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
Our lives are not what we extract from our surroundings, but instead what we pour into them.
8. We must remember to forget.
Real wisdom is letting the past remain the past, and letting the present flow through you.
9. What you do today is important, because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.
Begin each morning with a deep breath and a sincere intention for who you wish to become.
10. Don’t wish for better tomorrows. Make today your bliss.
This moment is all we have – and this present time is the only chance we get to appreciate how beautiful life can be. - See more at: http://www.kindspring.org/my/#sthash.MnVr59hw.dpuf